Answer the following questions:
1. What does a groundhog look like? Use descriptive words to describe
2. What do groundhogs like to eat?
3. How are groundhogs called in Canada?.
4. Identify what creatures are enemies of groundhogs.
5. Describe what a groundhog's burrow looks like.
6. What happens during hibernation?
7. When is Groundhog's Day and what happens on that day?
8. If a groundhog sees his shadow on Groundhog's Day, what is that
supposed to mean?
And now take a quiz to check what
Learn from those sites:
Learning - Groundhog/Woodchuck
Watchable Wildlife -
Groundhogs at HogHaven Dunkirk Dave - Groundhog
- Groundhog Day
History - European Roots
Dunkirk Dave - Groundhog
Punxsutawney Phil, Wiarton Willie, and Pothole Pete
Pages of links
(with a map and the names of all the groundhogs who offer previsions...)